It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mary Ann Niesen
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:59 pm 

Began Programming in MUMPS: 16 Oct 2008
Hi all,

I am a newbie to MUMPS, but did take some of the Paideia classes previously (off and on, alas more off than on for a while). I work for Indian Health Service (IHS), part of the US Public Health Service; my first job out of college and a great place to be for the last 17 years. Currently stationed in South Dakota, which is WAAAAY too cold for human habitation at the moment.

I am a Pharmacist by training, but was always entranced by the computer system we use in IHS, a version of Vista. I have been a pharmacist, a clinical director, a clinical applications coordinator, an informaticist, and lots of other things NOT involving programming! I was, however, always the "unofficial" user support for just about any package on our system, so it was natural for me to be a clinical applications coordinator. When I heard about this crazy guy teaching MUMPS out of Seattle, I jumped at the chance to join in the fun!

Most recently I have been assigned to a National team to assist sites with all the pharmacy and related packages, EHR Deployment, achieving certification of the IHS EHR and meeting the meaningful use requirements, and also to package testing and requirements development (one step closer to actual programming!) for the EHR, Clinical Reminders, Adverse Reaction Tracking, etc...

I am really looking forward to starting back up with Paideia, and hope I don't end up with too many more job duties that might interfere :lol:

Mary Ann

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Mary Ann Niesen
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:42 pm 
Site Admin

Began Programming in MUMPS: 15 Jun 1984
Welcome to Mumpster, Mary Ann!

You were one of the unfortunate victims of our early MUMPS curriculum, which was way too much blah blah blah and not nearly enough hands-on simple programming exercises. The new approach will be very step-by-step, with far shorter theoretical asides, so it should be much easier to learn MUMPS from. We'll have the first couple chapters posted soon.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:31 pm 

Began Programming in MUMPS: 02 Dec 2006
Nice to hear from you again Mary Ann.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:12 pm 

Began Programming in MUMPS: 16 Oct 2008
Hey Sam! good to hear from you, too...

Offline Profile