It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: and now for someone completely different ... rcr
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:33 pm 

Began Programming in MUMPS: 07 Sep 1977
Hey, Guys and Gals, and Fellow MUMPSTERS of all genders and persuasions;

This is the infamous RCR, otherwise known as Chris Richardson. I have been in this industry in various incantations for over 35 years, a mere gnat's whisker in the sweep of time. In my little strut upon the stage of life, I have been a biologist, an Agricultural Engineer/Programmer, an Oceanographer/Programmer, an Aeronautic Engineer/Programmer, an Astronautical Engineer/Programmer, supported NASA, US Army, US Navy, and US Air Force, and then I helped to win a billion dollar contract to do the Army, Navy, and Air Force hospitals around the world. Then I went to work with the VA for the last nearly 11 years until I just retired. I have been a MUMPSter since 1978 when I went to work for Shared Medical Systems in King-of-Prussia, Pennsylvania. I have taught MUMPS as well as FORTRAN, and Hypertext, as well as a number of other MUMPS-related topics. You will see various ideas being splashed around this site with my name on them. I am open to constructive criticism.

But now I am in California, (well, right now I am in Seattle, but heading back to Sacramento in a couple of hours). I can be reached at rcr@rcresearch.us . Happy computing, all.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: and now for someone completely different ... rcr
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:03 pm 
Site Admin

Began Programming in MUMPS: 15 Jun 1984
Welcome to Mumpster, Chris, and thanks for starting that series of threads on the available MUMPS implementations. That's going to grow into some important discussions for those new to MUMPS. Even experienced Mumpsters often overlook how many different MUMPS implementations are available today.

Offline Profile