It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello from Peter
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:36 pm 

Began Programming in MUMPS: 0- 0-1976
Hi All,
I came across MUMPS in my first job after finishing my masters in 1976. It was a Medical Research Institute, awarded by the MoH to build a pilot Hospital Information System (Bratislava, Czechoslovakia). The focus was on patient record keeping, not billing / financial / accounting part of the problem. Today, in the fast pacing IT word, one could only wonder, how little has changed in the core of the business logic in that field. However, that system was only text based. It run on a pair of PDP-11/70 and two 80 Mbytes removable disk packs, connecting 32 terminals located on wards. We started on MUMPS-11 V4B a MUMPS implementation by DEC. In 1980, after the first standard implementation became available we rewrote the app and switched to DSM-11.
Since then I participated on many projects in health care, most of them were somehow connected with M-technology (Datatree, CCSM M-Globals, Micronetics' MSM, Cache).
In Austria and Slovakia we built systems for Radiology; Primary Health Care and Outpatient Clinics. In Egypt we implemented the VA Vista HMIS in 4 pilot hospitals (a USAID sponsored project), just to mention few of them.
I ended up in Vancouver, on the West Coast of Canada. In the last decade I worked as an IT consultant for several health care providers in Canada and US (MSM, VAX DSM, Cache, GTM).
Lately I re-built an existing system for GPs into a 'full stack' open source, using GAMBAS (OO development environment similar to VB, running on linux) as a front end to a GT.M database and have plans to use MV1 as an alternative.

What I am expecting from this forum?
To hear about new development, events, ideas. Would like to share my experience; to volunteer few hours a week on a meaningful project / activity and eventually, to find a new contract...

Did I miss something? Please ask, if you want hear more.

Cheers,

Peter Ottis

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Hello from Peter
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:37 pm 

Began Programming in MUMPS: 0- 0-1971
Welcome Peter!

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Hello from Peter
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:52 pm 

Began Programming in MUMPS: 0- 0-1991
Welcome Peter

Good to see someone using MV1 and open/free OO develop in Gambas !
Im now working on MV1SysTray (GUI administration of MV1) application (writed in Gambas) .
Please check it , I am curious about your opinion , I make 3 months start it before to work with Gambas ...

Offline Profile