It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello everyone!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:04 am 

Began Programming in MUMPS: 01 Sep 2010
Hi Everyone,

John Willis and myself have been working on Prefiniti for several years and are very excited to see it being developed to use the MUMPS platform. Although what I have learned about MUMPS over the past few months is small, what I have seen it do is amazing. I'm very excited to see this site grow. I know I will be using it a lot.

I'm not a lifelong programmer. I come from the survey/engineering field. I own a company called Center Line Services, which is a Land Survey firm in Las Cruces, NM. My interests, however, have been pulling me away from surveying and into programming. Over the years I have worked in many different fields...from carpentry, welding and fabrication, manufacturing, machinist, and plastic injection molding. In everything I've done I have always found myself intrigued and interested in making whatever it was work better. In pursuit of that idea I did some time at New Mexico State University for Industrial Engineering (didn't really help).

I'm more convinced now that the best creative platform for pursuing my goals on making Prefiniti better and the services it can offer to make the lives better of those who use it is to be more directly involved in coding/programming, etc... And I'm excited to see MUMPS become the larger part of how Prefiniti is supported.

arguttierrez@gmail.com

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Hello everyone!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:22 am 
Site Admin

Began Programming in MUMPS: 15 Jun 1984
Welcome to Mumpster, Anthony!

You're not alone in coming to MUMPS programming from a nonprogrammer background. Most MUMPS programmers began their careers as something else. MUMPS was originally designed with the intention that doctors would be able to write their own software, and true to the design most MUMPS programmers begin as doctors, nurses, lab techs, pharmacists, psychologists, chemists . . . just about anything other than programmers.

I'm one of the few exceptions to that rule, but then I got caught by MUMPS right after high school, before I had time to become something else first.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Hello everyone!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:32 am 

Began Programming in MUMPS: 01 Sep 2010
Thanks Rick,

I'm excited to be involved. Thanks for all your hard work in getting this together and keeping such a needed technology out in the open. Any way that I can help I will.

arguttierrez@gmail.com

Offline Profile