It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:17 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: General Administrative Information
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:06 am 

Began Programming in MUMPS: 0- 0-1971
Rather than intersperse administrative information within the lesson material, I will use this thread for that purpose.

Sept 21, 2012

The location of the student guides has been changed to: https://drive.google.com/?tab=oo&authuser=0#folders/0B02dTlyD3M5ETUV5M3lBSlFvcFU

Right click on the document you want and select the Download function.

June 15, 2011

I've made some changes to the lesson on Symbol Names (Unit 2 - Lesson 6) and other edits. You should download a new version of the guide before proceeding with that lesson. In fact, you should check the SVN periodically for new submissions.

June 28, 2011
Please download a new copy of the student guide. I've made some edits that may confuse you if you don't.

June 28, 2011

Opps! It appears I forgot to add the workshop specifications to Unit 3. Definitely download a new copy of the Student Guide.

July 8, 2011

Sorry for the delay in getting the next lessons out. They are all coding exercises and I want to make sure they are correct. It will be a few more days.

July 17, 2011

I've cleaned up some of the code and republished.

July 22, 2011

I've cleaned up the last three lessons. Seems things got a little uncoordinated.

August 6, 2011

I've been away for a week. Seems the spammers made an attack on the course.

I cleaned it up. I noticed that we now have to answer a question when we log on. Hopefully that will help fend off the creeps!

Aug 12, 2011

I published the last MUMPS Programming I lesson. Hopefully it will be of some use to those of you who are interested in learning MUMPS. I have to say that one question in the whole course is somewhat underwhelming. Hopefully that will change as new people join the forum.

Please feel free to critique the course. I've provided a special topic called Course Evaluation for that purpose. I had to totally rework the code base to keep it in line with the MVC pattern consequently, it had some rough edges. Probably still does :oops: Let me know so I can improve it for those who follow.

We had some problems with spammers. Thanks to Kevin Lapin that seems to be behind us. Well done Kevin!

Before starting on the MUMPS Programming II course, I'm going to take some time out to work on the CBI's. Kevin has graciously agreed to help me test it. Once we finish testing, I will open it up for general use.

Cheers!

Aug 12, 2011

All exercise routines have been put in the SVN at:
http://www.esitechnology.com/paideia_re ... utines.rsa

September 27, 2011

• The MUMPS Programming I course material has been moved. To download, go to the "Greetings: Welcome to the MUMPS Programming I On-line Course" topic and follow the instructions in the Preparation section.
  • The MUMPS Programming I Student Guide now displays code examples for Acrobat Reader 9.
  • I will not be available from September 30 to October 20.

Offline Profile